tisdag 29 maj 2012

Lone rider season finale: Berlin

Hey guys, sorry that I havent followed through on posting as often as i perhaps should have. The reason is that ive been exhausted to the max every evening, and sometimes havent even had access to wifi. Anyway, here is what happened:

I didnt make it all the way to Pila on the day after the flat tire. It took me almost until noon to get away from the place i was staying (and i woke up at 0630) Because of all the random fixings of things I had to do. Amongst these were aquiring the rear view mirror to mount on my handlebar. The thing worked splendidly and made me feel a lot safer on the roads. Also, the more south and away from Gdansk I traveled, the less heavy traffic I encountered.

Anyway, I found a place to stay some 25 km outside of Pila, at a bed and breakfast type of place. Perfect to get my Pierogi on that evening in their restaurant, and though I have been keeping a strict healthy diet for the most part I had a beer aswell (would be a sin not to drink beer when in Poland and Germany). Speaking of food, I cooked myself an awesome breakfast the morning after (picture related), the kind of stuff you need to eat when you are hovering around 6000 kcal maintenance level.

Yes, because that day i did 170 kilometers. All the way to Gorzow Wielkopolski, 50 km from the german border. The hostel i had planned to stay at was full when i arrived around 2030 which kind of sucked. Lucky for me, i found a pretty cheap hotel to stay at and just collapsed in the bed immediately.

The last riding day was around 150 kilometers and I arrived at the hostel which i this time had reservations for and am staying at now here in Friedrichshein, Berlin. Ive stayed here two nights now, and in the days I have been working hard on my studies, with only short Döner-breaks and one trip to a Soviet memorial park which was awesome (see pic). Here are a few photos ive managed to take:

Camping in Finland

The iron horse

Hotel room

The 8 eggs + half a loaf of toast breakfast of champions

Scrambled Ramsey style, of course. No skimping just because we are camping.

Crossing to Germany

Berlin

The soviet memorial grounds

Selfshot from along the road...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar